VPN - We have moved!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have moved to http://www.vpn-tv.proboards.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Special Projects Department

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack Malone
Admin

Special Projects Department Empty
PostSubject: Special Projects Department   Special Projects Department I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 3:46 am

Special Projects Department Image3

The Special Projects Departments is a small L.A Branch that deals with the unexplained, and otherwise unsolved cases, that may or may not be linked with the term "supernatural" or "otherworldly". Being transfered to the Deparment, having completing her five year course on the police academy, Officer Allison Baxter (Jennifer Garner) teams up with longtime detective, David Johnston (Nathan Fillion), in hopes of solving these cases, and making the city of L.A a much safer place.

Special Projects Department David
(portrayed by Nathan Fillion)
For several years, David Jonhnston has worked alongside Chief Phillips over at the Special Projects Department, following leads on alien abductions, vampirism, and other nasties that swoop this dark city of Los Angeles; and when being partnered with Officer Baxter, the investigation on the supernatural becomes more and more intense. But, his quirky attitude, and innappropriate humour can be seen as nothing but a guise, as his dark past with the things that go bump in the night beings to come to the surface; revealing that he too was once abducted by aliens. As he struggles to uncover everything that happened to him for the past three years he blacked out, Detective David Johnston finds himself in the thick of it; risking anything to reveal the truth to the world! But will they believe him?

Special Projects Department ALlisonBaxter
(portrayed by Jennifer Garner)
Devoting five years of her life at the Police Academy, Allison Baxters' contracted service was complete, and she was transfered to the Special Projects Department over in Los Angeles. Believing that some things are better left unexplained, she also has a strong opinion against the supernatural; seeing it as nothing but myths and legends to swerve people from the truth: that the government is fighting to take over the world. She too, like Detective Johnston, enjoys taking the occassional risk; and sometimes finds herself in more trouble than she bargained for - but with all that's happening around her, and this new supernatural evil rising in the city, its hard for her to come up with another scientific excuse to back it up. Do aliens exist? Are there other things out there than humans? She'll have to discover this on her own!

1x01 - Gone
UNEXPLAINED DISAPPEARANCES SWEEP THE CITY OF L.A - When a mysterious trail of missing persons cases are placed in the Special Projects Department, awaiting to be solved, Detective David Johnston (Nathan Fillion) takes over; his main lead: Alien Abductions. Being transferred to the department from the police academy, Officer Allison Baxter (Jennifer Garner) takes a more scientific look at things, and when investigating the case in her own way, she finds herself in the midst of some sort of high tech alien equipment; standing before a real Unidentified Flying Object. Meanwhile, the Chief of Special Projects introduces the new partners into their state of the art research labs, assigning them their own team of experts to help out on their cases.

1x02 - Haunted
TROUBLED GHOSTS RISE UP WITH VENGEANCE - When Detective David Johnston (Nathan Fillion) finds himself haunted by angry ghosts, intent on his help to seek revenge on their killer, he runs to his partner, Officer Allison Baxter (Jennifer Garner) who struggles to believe his shocking story. Agreeing to take the case, what she uncovers begin to pick at her morals and beliefs: do the supernatural really exist? Meanwhile, David begins to confide in his new partner, revealing secrets about his past he had never told a soul before; and with this new connection, an attraction between one another begins to flare. But will it grow into something, or be cut down like these angry ghosts were?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There will be a total of 13 episodes per season. This first season will have an overal big bad and will not just consist of case after case after case. As you can see, my main inspiration was the X-Files, and I hope to do a more modern kind of take of it. These two main characters aren't the only people in the show. There are a group of experts (lab techs, scientists, etc) working the labs over at the Special Projects Department. More characters will be introduced as the season progresses, and if things go well, next season will have a new regular; a detective just like David. Feedback is much appreaciated XD
Back to top Go down
khurd16

khurd16

PostSubject: Re: Special Projects Department   Special Projects Department I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 8:25 am

This is really good. Smile
I sort of got the X-File feel of it Smile
I hope it gets picked up
Back to top Go down
Chris Davis
Admin
Chris Davis

PostSubject: Re: Special Projects Department   Special Projects Department I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 12:31 am

This, to me, is just absolutely outstanding. One of the most original pitches I've seen on VPN!! Wow, I really can't say anything that would negate the series, at all. Nothing! With the flawless premise, characters, episodes and concept, all signs point to this becoming a fantastic virtual series! So, I'm looking forward to reading the pilot and I can't wait to read more episode summaries! I believe this one is a keeper! Very Happy:D
Back to top Go down
https://virtual-productions.forumotion.net
Matthew James
Admin
Matthew James

PostSubject: Re: Special Projects Department   Special Projects Department I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 12:17 am

HA this is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G I so love this pitch the only thing is the two cast male/Female cast I know its based off X-Files but the two lead seems...odd lol but than again you did say a third cast member would join so NVM lmao, but still outstanding I love how how simple the opening credits are and cant wait to
Back to top Go down
Jack Malone
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Special Projects Department   Special Projects Department I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 12:19 am

Matthew James wrote:
HA this is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G I so love this pitch the only thing is the two cast male/Female cast I know its based off X-Files but the two lead seems...odd lol but than again you did say a third cast member would join so NVM lmao, but still outstanding I love how how simple the opening credits are and cant wait to

Thanks. The thing is, realistically, the show would have a lot of Special Effects, so a long cast list would screw the budget; which doesn't exist, but its kinda what I went for. The two mains are the only characters the show centers around. So everything that happens will show development in the two characters. There are a full team of experts, about six other characters, that the show will introduced and who will develop, but I figured these two, Nathan Fillion and Jennifer Garner, would be fine for just one season. A third main would join on to make the second season! XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Special Projects Department   Special Projects Department I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Special Projects Department
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VPN - We have moved! :: Writers Room :: Virtual Series Pitches-
Jump to: