VPN - We have moved!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have moved to http://www.vpn-tv.proboards.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

S1 Discussion Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Brian Melanson
Admin
Brian Melanson

S1 Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: S1 Discussion Thread   S1 Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 1:08 am

Talk about the episodes here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
khurd16

khurd16

PostSubject: Re: S1 Discussion Thread   S1 Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:44 am

Brian.....I cant wait for VAMP to come...Although im confused about something......
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Brian Melanson
Admin
Brian Melanson

PostSubject: Re: S1 Discussion Thread   S1 Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:21 pm

No they did not
Back to top Go down
khurd16

khurd16

PostSubject: Re: S1 Discussion Thread   S1 Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:41 am

oh okay Smile
Well i just cant wait for this one Smile
Back to top Go down
Jack Malone
Admin

PostSubject: Re: S1 Discussion Thread   S1 Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:04 am

Spoiler Space for discussion of VAMP
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
This was a pretty decent story, and a pretty decent script. It wasn't overly outstanding, or poor, but pretty much sat on the fence. One second when I thought it was going a bit badly, something great happened to level it out. As for pilots go, I don't think this is an amazing way to start your series, but its not the worst way. I think a solid pilot should introduce the main core, your four characters, as they come into their new team; but what you seemed to do was introduce every single character character, or most of them, without developing them much at all. Sure, we saw what lead them to that certain place in their lives, but an series starter of them FORMING the team, or at least, fighting their first vampire, would have been more successful for a Buffy spin-off that had no characters from the original, be any of the four main cast. The Hellvira was a great first villain, love the little "On the day of no sun, he will rise again" thing, although I don't see why the characters viewed it as "cryptic". I am a bit confused, because of some of the stuff you wrote in there, like what happened to Hellvira? Last thing it said she was "thrown back" and never mentioned again. And I got more of a "charmed meets buffy" vibe with all the fireballs and things like that. I think the characters are very well written, I want to learn even more about them, but I would like to see more action. More fights, or demons, or something. But as for a pilot, I guess its alright; still, for being a spin off about Buffy the Vampire Slayer, a lot of action was expected, but I got more drama. My favourite character would have to be Kingston; very well written. I know the script was written ages ago when you didn't have the official script program, and I had hoped you might have polished it up a bit, but it wasn't. Really hard to read. But worth it, Brian.

Episode Rating: B- (5)
Average Season Rating (so far): B-

I gave this episode 5/10. I would have enjoyed it more without the constant, and sometimes random, flashback sequences. I think we should have learned about the brother and all that stuff as the season progressed. THe constant new characters popping up were a bit irritating, as I was more concerned about the four members of the group (is the group called VAMP??). And lastly, the structure was a little off putting. But, other than that, GREAT characters (minus the others that I don't really care for right now), love the villain you came up with, Hellvira, and enjoyed it thoroughly. I hope this review helps you with other shows, and episodes -- seeing as I love this concept, I will be sticking around; and I know it can only get better Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Brian Melanson
Admin
Brian Melanson

PostSubject: Re: S1 Discussion Thread   S1 Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 6:36 am

Jack Malone wrote:
Spoiler Space for discussion of VAMP
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
This was a pretty decent story, and a pretty decent script. It wasn't overly outstanding, or poor, but pretty much sat on the fence. One second when I thought it was going a bit badly, something great happened to level it out. As for pilots go, I don't think this is an amazing way to start your series, but its not the worst way. I think a solid pilot should introduce the main core, your four characters, as they come into their new team; but what you seemed to do was introduce every single character character, or most of them, without developing them much at all. Sure, we saw what lead them to that certain place in their lives, but an series starter of them FORMING the team, or at least, fighting their first vampire, would have been more successful for a Buffy spin-off that had no characters from the original, be any of the four main cast. The Hellvira was a great first villain, love the little "On the day of no sun, he will rise again" thing, although I don't see why the characters viewed it as "cryptic". I am a bit confused, because of some of the stuff you wrote in there, like what happened to Hellvira? Last thing it said she was "thrown back" and never mentioned again. And I got more of a "charmed meets buffy" vibe with all the fireballs and things like that. I think the characters are very well written, I want to learn even more about them, but I would like to see more action. More fights, or demons, or something. But as for a pilot, I guess its alright; still, for being a spin off about Buffy the Vampire Slayer, a lot of action was expected, but I got more drama. My favourite character would have to be Kingston; very well written. I know the script was written ages ago when you didn't have the official script program, and I had hoped you might have polished it up a bit, but it wasn't. Really hard to read. But worth it, Brian.

Episode Rating: B- (5)
Average Season Rating (so far): B-

I gave this episode 5/10. I would have enjoyed it more without the constant, and sometimes random, flashback sequences. I think we should have learned about the brother and all that stuff as the season progressed. THe constant new characters popping up were a bit irritating, as I was more concerned about the four members of the group (is the group called VAMP??). And lastly, the structure was a little off putting. But, other than that, GREAT characters (minus the others that I don't really care for right now), love the villain you came up with, Hellvira, and enjoyed it thoroughly. I hope this review helps you with other shows, and episodes -- seeing as I love this concept, I will be sticking around; and I know it can only get better Smile Smile

Thanks JACK!!! A lot of the stuff that happened in the pilot will be explored later on in the season. We will learn how Hellvira was trapped down there! And who that goddess was!! But the reason why its so hard to read is because no writing program Sad But from Episode 4 on I guarantee easier to read! The B rating is good and I think that it is fair! But I promise not to disappoint with this! I have so many stories to tell just could not cramp them all into one episode. But it was and honest but very fair review thank you soo MUCH!!
Back to top Go down
khurd16

khurd16

PostSubject: Re: S1 Discussion Thread   S1 Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 6:30 pm

What can i say about the first episode about VAMP.
I can say......I LOVED IT Smile
I mean i at first got confused by some flashbacks but i finally got the jist of it.
I loved how the characters are set up and the plot is good aswell.
The dynamic between Vi and her father makes me a little worried
The group itself seemed a little out of sorts and that threw me a little bit but the action was decent adn i loved Hellvira. And i have to know who is this goddess

EPISODE RATING: B-
SEASON RATING B-
Back to top Go down
Jack Malone
Admin

PostSubject: Re: S1 Discussion Thread   S1 Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:07 am

Spoiler Space for discussion of all things related to VAMP
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Okay so the show kicks off with a previously on which I don't think was necessary. It was kinda off putting. In an episode this big with Willow coming back, I just think it didn't need it; but good choices of scenes to put there, so props for that. Uhm, I think for a Buffy the Vampire Slayer spin off, good characterisation is necessary, and I just couldn't get that vibe from Willow. It didn't sound like her at all; nor did Amy. Her showing up and explaining all the stuff that happened to her was quite irritiative. Especially the way she was saying it. I want to hear some Willow-y goodness. The way she speaks in the script, is nothing like the Willow from btvs. Moving on ... for someone who just stated they dabbed with the magicks too much, I don't think Willow would perk up and say "Ooh I'll teach you some" ... I think her warning Lizzie about how dangerous it really is would have been a better approach. I really don't like the Melinda/Dawn thing. I'm sorry. It seems like you cast Michelle Trachtenberg in as the role, completely forgetting that she played Dawn on Buffy, and then suddenly realized "crap!" It was just awkard the "Hi...Dawn?" from Willow. Sorry, but I just didn't like it. On a good note, Kingston is still my favourite! Did Willow ever meet Willy? I don't think she ever did... With Vi going into that dream/past/quest thing, I didn't like how you just wrote "Car crash. Brother's funeral. And other things." for a character that needs to be established, more description to help understand what has happened would have helped. I didn't enjoy this episode as much as the premiere, which is unfortunate. I guess I just expected something really big with Willow and Amy being in it, but they disappear for almost two whole acts. On the to the main characters, they are growing, I like it, I think more needs to be done, especially with a 12 episode season. I'm left with so many questions that should be answered, desperately. I think this episode was so confusing, but again, it still sits on the fence, well sorta.

Was that Lilah Morgan who showed up, if so, that was just random. Where did Amy go, I really didn't understand her purpose of this episode? What was the cause for having Willow in this episode, as a storyline wasn't put for her? And are you going to do anything about the Melinda/Dawn thing 'cause I think its really hard to grasp the concept of. Overall, this was an alright episode. I did not comment on the structure as I understand everything about that, and what you went through before getting a script program, so my rating won't be deducted because of that. I hope the show gets better, I'm really amped for the mid-finale as I saw the trailer made for it. At the moment, I haven't been giving this show very good ratings, and hope maybe next episode it will begin to pick up some good stories. My favourite thing is the whole Death will win thing. Very suspenseful. On that note ...

Episode Rating: 4 (C+)
Overal Season Rating: B- (4.5)

I apologize for the low rating, Brian. I think this has several good parts to it, but about halfway through I could tell that the first episode was so much better. There were just a few flaws in this one that pushed the rating down to a 4, and I hope I'll enjoy the next episode. If you could answer some of those questions up there for me, I'd appreciate it. Maybe with more knowledge, and understanding, the rating may change due to lack in knowing whats going on, coz the structure is hard to read, so that may help you out, and it would definately help me out! In the end, solid story, that had a minority of amazing things, and a majority of flaws. That's just my take on it. I hope these reviews help in the future. Smile

I can't wait for episode three, even though this episode was not my favourite. But I am really loving Kingston, honestly, you write him so well! And I'm starting to get attached to Vi a bit more, especially after the events of this episode. So don't take this review as a "I didn't like it at all" because like I said, there was a lot of amazing things that happened, but there were just too many things that didn't work knocking them out of the way.
Back to top Go down
Brian Melanson
Admin
Brian Melanson

PostSubject: Re: S1 Discussion Thread   S1 Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 6:31 am

Jack Malone wrote:
Spoiler Space for discussion of all things related to VAMP
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Okay so the show kicks off with a previously on which I don't think was necessary. It was kinda off putting. In an episode this big with Willow coming back, I just think it didn't need it; but good choices of scenes to put there, so props for that. Uhm, I think for a Buffy the Vampire Slayer spin off, good characterisation is necessary, and I just couldn't get that vibe from Willow. It didn't sound like her at all; nor did Amy. Her showing up and explaining all the stuff that happened to her was quite irritiative. Especially the way she was saying it. I want to hear some Willow-y goodness. The way she speaks in the script, is nothing like the Willow from btvs. Moving on ... for someone who just stated they dabbed with the magicks too much, I don't think Willow would perk up and say "Ooh I'll teach you some" ... I think her warning Lizzie about how dangerous it really is would have been a better approach. I really don't like the Melinda/Dawn thing. I'm sorry. It seems like you cast Michelle Trachtenberg in as the role, completely forgetting that she played Dawn on Buffy, and then suddenly realized "crap!" It was just awkard the "Hi...Dawn?" from Willow. Sorry, but I just didn't like it. On a good note, Kingston is still my favourite! Did Willow ever meet Willy? I don't think she ever did... With Vi going into that dream/past/quest thing, I didn't like how you just wrote "Car crash. Brother's funeral. And other things." for a character that needs to be established, more description to help understand what has happened would have helped. I didn't enjoy this episode as much as the premiere, which is unfortunate. I guess I just expected something really big with Willow and Amy being in it, but they disappear for almost two whole acts. On the to the main characters, they are growing, I like it, I think more needs to be done, especially with a 12 episode season. I'm left with so many questions that should be answered, desperately. I think this episode was so confusing, but again, it still sits on the fence, well sorta.

Was that Lilah Morgan who showed up, if so, that was just random. Where did Amy go, I really didn't understand her purpose of this episode? What was the cause for having Willow in this episode, as a storyline wasn't put for her? And are you going to do anything about the Melinda/Dawn thing 'cause I think its really hard to grasp the concept of. Overall, this was an alright episode. I did not comment on the structure as I understand everything about that, and what you went through before getting a script program, so my rating won't be deducted because of that. I hope the show gets better, I'm really amped for the mid-finale as I saw the trailer made for it. At the moment, I haven't been giving this show very good ratings, and hope maybe next episode it will begin to pick up some good stories. My favourite thing is the whole Death will win thing. Very suspenseful. On that note ...

Episode Rating: 4 (C+)
Overal Season Rating: B- (4.5)

I apologize for the low rating, Brian. I think this has several good parts to it, but about halfway through I could tell that the first episode was so much better. There were just a few flaws in this one that pushed the rating down to a 4, and I hope I'll enjoy the next episode. If you could answer some of those questions up there for me, I'd appreciate it. Maybe with more knowledge, and understanding, the rating may change due to lack in knowing whats going on, coz the structure is hard to read, so that may help you out, and it would definately help me out! In the end, solid story, that had a minority of amazing things, and a majority of flaws. That's just my take on it. I hope these reviews help in the future. Smile

I can't wait for episode three, even though this episode was not my favourite. But I am really loving Kingston, honestly, you write him so well! And I'm starting to get attached to Vi a bit more, especially after the events of this episode. So don't take this review as a "I didn't like it at all" because like I said, there was a lot of amazing things that happened, but there were just too many things that didn't work knocking them out of the way.

Thanks Jack. This was not my fav episode either I just thought I would keep it. And as to answer your questions. Lilah is a whole new person I was just not thinking when I picked out her name. This was not supposed to be a whole Willow problem episode. She was just coming to warn the gang about coming evil but when she meet Melinda introduced a whole new problem!!! And Amy? You really think she will leave without a fight? Well maybe but I have plans for Amy in the future of the season. Well Thanks for the rating at least its still a B!
Back to top Go down
Jack Malone
Admin

PostSubject: Re: S1 Discussion Thread   S1 Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 6:48 am

Don't worry about the low ratings at the moment, Brian, I can see this is going to get bigger and better as it progresses. I just think this wasn't the best episode of the season. I'm sure they'll get better.
Back to top Go down
Jack Malone
Admin

PostSubject: Re: S1 Discussion Thread   S1 Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:20 am

Spoiler Space for discussion of VAMP Season One
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
WOW! Brian. I'm speechless, really. I'm glad I stuck around for this, because this episode was sensational. I love the Romeo & Juliet concept into the relationship, so that two of your characters could come together. You have seemed to do this show similar to Buffy, where the first two episodes were about vampires, and demons, and then episode three, when it started to lose ratings, everything changes. I think this is one of the best stories I've ever read in my life. I love how the past lives are connected with these two, Melinda and Patrick, and think you've achieved a wonderful episode!! Apart from that, there were a few MINOR bad things, so it is getting a lot better, they were:

a) A two page ACT FOUR, was a BIG letdown. I think the story should have wrapped up with a big act, as the story was so complex in a way - but in the end it was short and sweet, which was good, but the ending was too rushed. I was like "NO!? Why?" at the end.
b) Cliffhanger - why? The ending of them wanting the two dead, surprised me. But I don't understand, are they coming back, will something happen between them. Or was this a warning about their relationship, and if so, that's good! A whole "They're doomed in the end, anways"! So ratings don't go down for that, only for the confusion.
c) Loss of action; but, it wasn't missed. Which is good. I think when you got the chance to do the big throwdown, you decided to keep it short. Act Four should have been your chance to shine as a writer, and end this amazing episode with an amazing blowout between Vi and Alan. But, the Tali scenerio was a great cameo, and hopefully ending to her character.

All in all, a wonderful one-shot episode. Really starting to love Melinda. I missed Kingston throughout; and he's been my favourite since the start. But now that more interesting storylines are coming into play, I think I'll begin to enjoy the other characters better. I must say, I'm a big Mel/Pat fan! Love them! LOVE THEM LOVE THEM LOVE THEM LOVE THEM!! Just when I was a bit "Eek" about the show, you've pulled me back into it, and I love what you've done. Excited about episode four.

Episode Rating: A - (Cool
Season Average (based on previous ratings): B- (6.5)

I'm glad to see it being pushed further up, still in the B- category, but only by a .5. Hopefully next episode is even BETTER. Congrats on the A-, hope you're proud. Love how much work has gone into this, and the shakespeare. Which I LOVE SO MUCH. I studied it year 7. Great work. We did Macbeth; and man was it hard to read. We had to interpret the text written, and reword it. So (sigh) it was difficult. With more episodes like this Brian, I can definately see a second season coming into play.
Back to top Go down
Brian Melanson
Admin
Brian Melanson

PostSubject: Re: S1 Discussion Thread   S1 Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:16 pm

Jack Malone wrote:
Spoiler Space for discussion of VAMP Season One
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
WOW! Brian. I'm speechless, really. I'm glad I stuck around for this, because this episode was sensational. I love the Romeo & Juliet concept into the relationship, so that two of your characters could come together. You have seemed to do this show similar to Buffy, where the first two episodes were about vampires, and demons, and then episode three, when it started to lose ratings, everything changes. I think this is one of the best stories I've ever read in my life. I love how the past lives are connected with these two, Melinda and Patrick, and think you've achieved a wonderful episode!! Apart from that, there were a few MINOR bad things, so it is getting a lot better, they were:

a) A two page ACT FOUR, was a BIG letdown. I think the story should have wrapped up with a big act, as the story was so complex in a way - but in the end it was short and sweet, which was good, but the ending was too rushed. I was like "NO!? Why?" at the end.
b) Cliffhanger - why? The ending of them wanting the two dead, surprised me. But I don't understand, are they coming back, will something happen between them. Or was this a warning about their relationship, and if so, that's good! A whole "They're doomed in the end, anways"! So ratings don't go down for that, only for the confusion.
c) Loss of action; but, it wasn't missed. Which is good. I think when you got the chance to do the big throwdown, you decided to keep it short. Act Four should have been your chance to shine as a writer, and end this amazing episode with an amazing blowout between Vi and Alan. But, the Tali scenerio was a great cameo, and hopefully ending to her character.

All in all, a wonderful one-shot episode. Really starting to love Melinda. I missed Kingston throughout; and he's been my favourite since the start. But now that more interesting storylines are coming into play, I think I'll begin to enjoy the other characters better. I must say, I'm a big Mel/Pat fan! Love them! LOVE THEM LOVE THEM LOVE THEM LOVE THEM!! Just when I was a bit "Eek" about the show, you've pulled me back into it, and I love what you've done. Excited about episode four.

Episode Rating: A - (Cool
Season Average (based on previous ratings): B- (6.5)

I'm glad to see it being pushed further up, still in the B- category, but only by a .5. Hopefully next episode is even BETTER. Congrats on the A-, hope you're proud. Love how much work has gone into this, and the shakespeare. Which I LOVE SO MUCH. I studied it year 7. Great work. We did Macbeth; and man was it hard to read. We had to interpret the text written, and reword it. So (sigh) it was difficult. With more episodes like this Brian, I can definately see a second season coming into play.

OMG THANKS JACK!!! MYT FIRST A!! well minus but still! Thank you! Very Happy This was the best to write lol and sorry for the shortness but Its my favorite! I love that you loved it and don't worry Romeo and Juliet are not quite done I have plans for them in later seasons but not the rest of the season I have other plans this was just an opener! One of many I have planned!
Back to top Go down
Jack Malone
Admin

PostSubject: Re: S1 Discussion Thread   S1 Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:45 am

SPOILER SPACE FOR DISCUSSION OF VAMP
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I feel bad for saying this, but this episode was really confusing. It didn't make sense, and I was left more confused about the Dawn/Melinda storyline than when I came in to read this episode. So the episode starts with a promising story, of Vi being sucked into the past, and being guided through Buffy's life, before she shows up at her house, looking for Dawn. Now, this Dawn thing, didn't make sense. She died? I want more on that. How did she die? What killed her? What the hell is going on? Seriously, I am really confused, lol. The Melinda meeting Dawn scene was alright, I guess, but her suddenly turning up was awkward, and I don't mean to use this word, but I can't think of any other, cheesy. I will end this episode bashing piece of review saying that I think you should swerve away from episodes where you bring in the Buffy characters. Because as it proved in the second episode, it only retracts from the ongoing storyline, and doesn't really go well. So I hope you take that into consideration, and try and prevent ANY storylines from the Buffy series. But, that all said, great cliffhanger. Usually, Brian, I would give up on the show now that three out of four episodes have been a bit of a disapointment, BUT IT ALWAYS ENDS WITH COMPELLING CLIFHANNGERS THAT MAKE ME WANT MORE. So, seeing as this is closing towards the mid-season finale, I can't wait to see what is going to happen, I can actually see this show going into a second season; and am hoping it does, because like I've said in almost every review, I LOVE THE CONCEPT. Its up to you to make me, and the other viewers, LOVING THE EPISODES! I think you should feel very proud with your characters. You write them like they all have a great friendship with one another, and when one of them is gone, even for a little while, the group begins to fall apart. I loved how you showed that. I'm going to list some likes and dislikes, because this review of the episode is very mixed feeling-y.

LIKES ABOUT THE EPISODE
-The characters; well written, and you showed amazing connections with one another.
-Ongoing storyline; with Hellvira, and the vampire Cal, I think it was, being revealed at heads with him, was very compelling. I enjoyed it, and I think you've created an awesome big bad.
-Giles; I can say, you wrote him perfectly. That's about it.

DISLIKES ABOUT THE EPISODE
-Episode plot; it didn't flow well. Although this episode was to lessen the confUSION about Melinda/Dawn it actually became more confusing than ever. The monks, what, created two, to ensure what? It doesn't make sense. Why would they do that? So that the evils after Dawn would confuse her with a mortal, who just looks like her. Appearance is NOTHING, its the power they wield.
-Buffy characters; aside from Giles, which was so fantastically written, Buffy, Dawn, and Willow were very off character. Buffy is not an agressive person. Well, at least, not at first. She tries to figure things out before throwing punches and pointing the finger. What she did to Melinda was so offcharacter, and made me go "Buffy wouldn't do that!?" lol. Willow, I think you're getting better with her character, and would actually like to see more of her.
-Last of all, just a fewe grammar issues, is all. I'm not deducting the rating, due to that, but just so its less confusing, I'd like to see some more commars and stuff like that. Because I couldn't tell when sentences finished and started, with a lot of dialogue and action shots --

Overall, this was much better than the first two episodes, but not as good as the third, which I think I'm going to read again, lol. Sorry, I just like the Romeo & Juliet thing, lol. Anyways, I hope this review helped, and I hope to see an amazing Mid-Season Finale XD

Episode Rating: B-
Average Season Rating: B-

You're average season rating has been consistent throughout so far, and its in a safe place. I will be back for episodes 5 and 6, and I hear Chris and Matthew are coming on board. Can't wait. They will do justice to the show. So, although the episodes aren't overly AMAZING, they're still enjoyable, and the characters are developing quite nicely. So, don't take this review in a bad way. To help better, I like to break the episode down, and talk about which parts were good, and which weren't. XD
Back to top Go down
Jack Malone
Admin

PostSubject: Re: S1 Discussion Thread   S1 Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:54 pm

Spoiler Space for discussion of VAMP.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I don't have a whole lot to say about this episode. It was mediocre. I think this show has swayed more to the "drama" side of things, than the supernatural genre, which has gotten a bit plain. The characters, once again, are well written, and structured out perfectly, but it doesn't seem to be hitting the right genre lately. A show that is supposed to be a spin off of one of the biggest supernatural shows, ever, that indeed had drama mixed into it, should at least have some good action/demons/anything to keep us compelled. But this show seems to be about a group of people dealing with everyday life problems, in a world where demonic forces exist. This episode was no where near terrible, nor perfect, but it wasn't the best episode of VAMP I've read, man I love episode three, lol. Best episode ever! Sorry, I'll continue the review ...

So what exactly happened before the one year jump? Were any arcs concluded? Were any stories wrapped up so that the show could continue healthily? Nothing. No. No. No. The Vi/Kingston relationship was still rocky, and wasn't at all wrapped up until after the one year jump. I do not want to come of harsh, but we're doing honest reviews here, so I will speak the truth. I think the jump will later serve the show. I do. I honestly think the rest of the season is dependant on this jump. And it may push the show to better episodes with the baby being revealed as The One. But as for this episode, it wasn't the best. I assume we'll see flashbacks as to what happened in the year, so I haven't lost all hope in the show. I don't think this episode will cause much damage to the overall season average, and think it was a great jaw-dropping episode.

-Vi and Kingston are better with one another.
-A new child is here, known as the one.
-I think, Hellvira might no who the one is, or knows of the one.

And all these little signs keep popping up throughout that made me go "OMG!" so I think this episode was mediocre. Nothing else needs to be said. I'm giving out the rating of C+

Episode Rating: C+ (4)
Season Average: B- (5)

I predict the mid season finale is going to be the show starter. By that, I mean, it will kick start the show's true meaning, and show its true colours, whether it be good or bad. I'm hoping good, and I predict Kayla's a goner in the mid-finale. Hope I'm right, don't really like her. Favourite character at the moment, is a toss up between Kingston and Melinda. Oh and another thing, I think the characters need to be a bit more mature. They come off immature, and crazy! lol. Although sometimes its "laugh out loud" which is not all the time, most of the time its just "okay enough!" I think with the gang having babies and all hell breaking loose, they need to pick up they're game. Stop with the sacrastic lines that they keep throwing out at us.

What I'm looking for, for the rest of the season: Well, I hope to see some action, and suspense. They are to two key things that I think will keep this show alive. Some more blowouts, not random fights, but you know what I mean. And some suspenseful thinking. I want to be scared for these characters. They're about to go up against Hellvira and it should be freaking them out. Again, I don't want them to be cracking jokes when they're about to be killed. Good thing is, with the suspense, I could already see that kicking into effect towards the end. So, I think the next episode will be great!

Whether or not I will be back for the rest of the season, really depends on the mid season finale.
Back to top Go down
khurd16

khurd16

PostSubject: Re: S1 Discussion Thread   S1 Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:01 pm

Okay well here is my review for Episode 4

The Good: I really had some good things to like about this episode. I mean the characters were flawless as per usual. I really wish that we got a real scene with the actual Faith. The overall interaction between the characters were beautiful. I mean this is an episode i was waiting for. U wrote Willow and Giles very well. I really loved it

Now the Evil Bad:
The things about this episode that spun me so much was the whole time travel thing. I didnt understand it and didnt know why it was so relevant. Also i was wondering which Buffy was which. Was it the one from the past or the Present. Another thing that killed this episode for me was also the fact that Buffy was kind of being the hit first ask questions later lady. I didnt think that was her personality whatsoever.

EPISODE RATING: B-
SEASON RATING: B-

Im sry to make this almost so low. Sad
Back to top Go down
khurd16

khurd16

PostSubject: Re: S1 Discussion Thread   S1 Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:17 pm

Okay here is my Review for Episode 5

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Smile

Good:
Well there was the fact that the characters were really well written for this episode. Mack and Kayla's relationship is so adorable Smile. I also Think that Selena is adorable. I also love how everyone was fussing to try and see what gender the baby was. Also love how the group is working with Giles and the council now Smile. Good to see that everything is working out. I also like how Ike is evil and nobody knows it

Bad: I guess the bad for this episode starts when the one year jump happens. I mean i was totally confused because nothing made sense. First there is something the Council threatened Melinda with? What would that be? And then there was the fact that Kingston adn Vi were still angry with each other. I thought that would be resolved by now. And then there was the fact that Hellvira is looking for the "one". I think that it could have been introduced a little bit better. Unless im being dumb and i must have not read it in the other episodes.

EPISODE RATING: C+
SEASON RATING: C+

Im sry for this. I really hate this Sad
Back to top Go down
Chris Davis
Admin
Chris Davis

PostSubject: Re: S1 Discussion Thread   S1 Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:05 pm

Spoiler Space for discussion of VAMP, 1x02 - Differences
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Alright, I thought this episode was ok, but it could have been A lot better. You had some pretty cool scenes in this ep. which is always good but I just have a feeling that I need more, ya know?
Ok, first off, Willow. I didn't recognize her at all. I think you need to work a lot more on her character if she is to reappear because, I just didn't see her as the Willow that I know from btvs so, I really hope if we see her character in a future episode, the way you write for her character will improve Smile
I really thought you could have done a better job with this episode, but it was still a pretty decent one. Just remember to take your time when writing and think things through. I know that the format of your scripts will get a lot better so, I'm not gonna worry about that Razz I cant wait to read the next episode! ! ! Very Happy

I thought the ending was kinda cool and I really want see what's gonna happen next! Smile So... my rating:

Episode Rating: 5 (B-)
Overall Season Rating: C+

Back to top Go down
https://virtual-productions.forumotion.net
Jack Malone
Admin

PostSubject: Re: S1 Discussion Thread   S1 Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:17 pm

SPOILER SPACE FOR DISCUSSION OF VAMP
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
So the verdicts in for me. And it looks like I'm going to have to quote Vi on this one, "Thanks, but I think I'll pass". I don't think this is the show for me, sorry. This being a mid season finale, I'd expect something huge, but it pretty much foreshadowed a character I was not really interested in, which was Lizzie. There was minimum action in the whole episode, and it was definately not a page turner. In fact it took two days to finally finish the short episode. I think I've given the show a lot of chances, and took the time to review it in hopes of helping it out, but I just feel a bit bored with it. I can say the best thing done with this show is the characters. But what are characters with no story? So this is my last review for the show, I'm turning away from this and onto Fabulous Cordy, which I can't wait to read, and Connor, which will be equally awesome!!

Episode Rating: C+
Season Average Rating: C+

I'd like to say, that I think this was a good script. So Matthew, don't panic, lol. This was actually one of your better scripts. There were hardly no grammar mistakes, and it looks like its been fairly well edited. So I can see you've taken you're time with. I just didn't like the story being told. The scene of Lizzie's accident was a complete extract from Smallville 5x12 Reckoning (I think its called that; the 100th episode). And I couldn't help but sigh at that. I wasn't really shocked throughout, so it wasn't the best episode of the season.

Highlights this season: I would have to say that the third episode was by far the best. It was compelling, and intriguing. I particular enjoyed Brian's work that episode, and thought the characters were at their best throughout the Romeo & Juliet storyline. The whole story with the Baby, in episode five, continued into this one, was interesting. Her being the "One" and all.

Where the series went wrong: I think the fact that its a buffy spin off is what damaged it completely. The slayer Tali storyline was shortlived, and not really shocking. The constant buffy characters popping up ruined the overall story of that episode, and shed light off the thousands of characters being shoved into the season this early on; which was another problem I had. Honestly, its hard to find any character interesting when they have short scenes, and its constantly cutting to the next with five other different characters.

Final Notes: I think this show would have been better without being a Buffy spin-off. None of the characters remind me of the show, nor do any of the stories. There's hardly no action, no vampires, or demons, and is mainly about a story of a group of people that live in a city where demons can show up. Random, demons that the gang end up trying to stop. I'm sorry to say this, but I will not be back to read the rest of this show after its hiatus break. I feel like I've given it enough chances, and it hasn't really developed well since the first episode; excluding the amazing third episode. I wish you the best of luck with it Brian, but you just didn't cut it for me.
Back to top Go down
Brian Melanson
Admin
Brian Melanson

PostSubject: Re: S1 Discussion Thread   S1 Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 6:41 am

Oh.....well This is not good....... Well I think I should put more action into it your right so I will follow that advice from you. And the only reason I have been focusing on the gang more is because I want them to be introduced in the first episodes but the rest of the season will consist of more action and introduce some more problems for them to be fighting Very Happy Like I said Chris is writing an episode and Matt is writing another one as well and episode 10 will be the action one you need. Like in Buffy sometimes Joss focused on the Scooby Gang and them going through life and throwing vampires and demons into the mix and thats what I'm trying to do with VAMP is for the gang to want a life but still help the greater good. So I hope we come back for a season two and if we do I promise I will not disappoint in anything!
Back to top Go down
Jack Malone
Admin

PostSubject: Re: S1 Discussion Thread   S1 Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 7:09 am

Brian Melanson wrote:
Oh.....well This is not good....... Well I think I should put more action into it your right so I will follow that advice from you. And the only reason I have been focusing on the gang more is because I want them to be introduced in the first episodes but the rest of the season will consist of more action and introduce some more problems for them to be fighting Very Happy Like I said Chris is writing an episode and Matt is writing another one as well and episode 10 will be the action one you need. Like in Buffy sometimes Joss focused on the Scooby Gang and them going through life and throwing vampires and demons into the mix and thats what I'm trying to do with VAMP is for the gang to want a life but still help the greater good. So I hope we come back for a season two and if we do I promise I will not disappoint in anything!

Well if you think about it, Buffy the Vampire Slayer was a great mix of different types of genres. VAMP seems to be a drama series, to me. There's not much action in it, nor supernatural themes; well, very minor supernatural themes. Even the sixth season of the series, where "Life was the big bad" there was still a lot of compelling supernatural stories mixed throughout the whole thing. I don't get that feeling with VAMP. It seems, like I've said before, "A show about a group of people dealing with any sort of problems, whilst living in a world with demons."

-Kingston/Vi relationship was really dramatic!
-Baby being born = drama for the group.
-Relationships between most of the characters - drama.

And on the relationship part, we didn't get to see them form. Except for Melinda's. Which I found to be one of the most gripping stories told, with episode three and all. I have a few suggestions, but I'm kind of swayed off the show now, moving onto the other two arriving, which look great!

1. I know you've been planning the episodes, but you must not have been planning them to be a full length episode; because a 33 pg script is too short. Its not even a 40 minute episode. You should be reaching towards 50-60 and can sometimes sway about 45, but that's the minimum.
2. Put a nice blend of drama/action/comedy into it. You seem to have the comedy/drama and that's it. If it helps, think up a demon that could pose as a threat for an episode every week. Not the same "blah"-ness with the Kingston/Vi relationship, and this baby. Needs some new, edgier things.
3. Try and focus on a few characters, instead of shoving all 62 of them down our throats. I think a well balanced group of characters should develop throughout, before you start making up more and more and more. A recurring cast list means they don't show up every episode.

That's about it. Like I said, good luck with season 2. I hope you get better ratings. But I'll be reading other things in the time being. XD
Back to top Go down
Chris Davis
Admin
Chris Davis

PostSubject: Re: S1 Discussion Thread   S1 Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 4:50 pm

SPOILER SPACE FOR DISCUSSION OF VAMP, 1x03
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I enjoyed this episode a lot! I really loved the Romeo and Juliet concept that brought into this and I love the way you implemented that into the storyline for this episode. It showed that you used creativity and really thinking Very Happy This is my favorite episode so far, so I'll stick around as of right now Smile Your characters are very interesting in this episode, i love it! I admit that it took me a while to get into this episode but when I actually sat down and read it, I absolutely enjoyed it! Very Happy

Episode Rating: A+
Average Season Rating: C+
Back to top Go down
https://virtual-productions.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S1 Discussion Thread   S1 Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

S1 Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1